We are the only company in Colorado to offer both QuietCool and Triangle traditional whole house fan systems.
We are able to provide unbiased information about your fan options, and pride ourselves on creating the best cooling solutions for your unique home.
A Whole House Fan System Consists of Two Parts: the Fan and the Attic Ventilation
The first step in creating the perfect whole house fan system for your home is to choose the correctly sized fan. Our recommendation is to install a fan that provides at least 3 cfm (cubic feet per minute) for every square foot above ground in your home. With this amount of airflow, the fan will achieve a complete air exchange in the home in approximately 3 minutes, and the whole house fan can serve as your primary home cooling system. Click to see details on QuietCool and Triangle whole house fan systems.
The Attic Ventilation
The second step in creating a highly efficient whole house fan system is to match the ventilation in the attic to the airflow from the fan. CHC and our fan manufacturers recommend a minimum of 1 square foot (144 sq. in.) of net free air (sfnf) ventilation for every 750 cfm of air moved by the fan. Most homes have about 2 sfnf in place, so additional venting is usually required to complete the installation of a whole house fan system. To complete your fan system, we install all-metal oversized (144 sq in of net free) roof vents. For homes with tile or metal roofs, we can install venting in the soffits or gables of your home.
Optional Additions – Motorized Attic Ventilators: For Maximum Efficiency, You Can Add a Powered Vent (aka Attic Fan) or a Gable Fan to Create a Premium Home & Attic Cooling System. These fans can be used with other cooling systems as well.
A Powered Vent is a fan located in an over-sized steel roof vent. A Gable Fan is located behind an existing vent on the vertical wall in the attic. Both of these smaller fans are controlled by a thermostat. When the whole house fan is not running, the Powered Vent or Gable Fan removes hot air from the attic. When the whole house fan is running, they serve as a very effective outlet for hot air. When used in conjunction with a whole house fan, you have created the most efficient and effective home and attic cooling system available. Click here for details.
So Many Choices!
Which system is right for your home? Please contact us to discuss the specifics of your home and cooling needs, and also to make an appointment in our showroom to experience the fans for yourself. Based on the information that we gather about your home and needs, we will create an initial estimate for the creation of a highly-efficient whole house fan system. Then we can schedule one appointment at your home in which our install teams (the best and most experienced in Colorado!) can both confirm the initial estimate and install the fan system of your choice. The final price should never be higher than what is quoted in the initial estimate. We have fan options to meet your specific needs – please call with your questions!
To start creating an initial estimate for your new whole house fan system, please see our Estimate Form or you can call us at 303-986-5764.
- Please call, email or fill out the online form so that we can create an initial estimate – we pride ourselves on providing an accurate and comprehensive initial estimate that is customized for your specific home and cooling needs.
- By gathering information about your home before we arrive on-site, and first developing an initial estimate from our office, we are able to save you time and money.
- Our pricing includes all the framing, drywall, roof and electrical work required to complete the fan installation according to the fan, shutter, and vent manufacturers’ specifications.
- As the amount of additional ventilation to complete the fan system differs for each house, online pricing recommendations serve only as a guideline for your final pricing.
- For homes with high and vaulted ceilings, we recommend a fan that moves more than 3cfm/sf (as there is a greater volume of air in the home to be moved).
- All of our whole house fans are installed with wall-mounted controls that include a timer and high/low switch.
- Remote control options are available for all whole house fans – please inquire.
- Oversize roof vents (each OS vent provides 1 sq foot of net free ventilation) are $110 each installed in a shallow-pitch asphalt roof.
- We have additional charges for installing vents on steep roofs (8:12 pitch and greater).
- We can install Soffit Vents and Vertical Exhaust Shutters to provide ventilation for homes with metal or tile roofs.
- We have additional charges for plaster walls, lead paint containment, high and sloped ceilings, and vertical installations.
- All known charges will be part of your initial estimate – we are up front about the entire job cost.
- Your final pricing will be given in writing on-site prior to the start of work. This final price will not increase, even if we encounter unforeseen issues during the installation of the fan system.
- We stand by our work and provide a written warranty at the time of installation.
- Pricing and technical information may change at any time.
- QuietCool fans have a 15 year warranty.
- Triangle fans have a 10 year warranty.
To start the process of creating an estimate for a whole house fan system, please see our Estimate Form, or feel free to call us at 303-986-5764 to start the process. We will contact you if we need more info. Our goal is to send you an initial estimate within 48 hours. Thank you!